Thursday 19 April 2012

The Winter's Calling


I hurried off the train that had taken me to this place. Isolated. Lonely. That’s how I wanted it. The rhythmic dripping of the icicles that hung precariously from the passing lampposts soothed my beating heart. However, the ever increasing layers of clothing were failing to prevent the bitter cold from kissing my lungs. Free. Alive. I had done it. However the comfort of this thought did not keep my mind warm for long as the foreboding guilt of all of my past actions stealthily slid through my skull and froze it solid. This added to the frozen throbbing in my ears and toes made me feel as if I was one of the snowmen that greeted me on my way from the station. Frozen. Immobile. The crunching snow under my feet made me realize the pace that I was walking at. I stopped and took in the smell of sharp smoke that was the result of several indoor fires in the neighbourhood. But as I stood there, the whispers of Jack Frost reminded me that a blizzard was coming and that I was winter’s calling.

(Segment)

No comments:

Post a Comment