Friday 11 May 2012

Dream Criminal

BOOM...BOOM...DOOM...

Did that Gavel just say Doom?!

"Jonathan Pickering, please stand and explain to the jury why you are here," spoke the leering face from the high wooden counter.

Why am I here? I didn't do anything... at least I don't think I did anything...

With a big HARRRUMPH! the judge now was losing patience, "Johnathan Pickering - we're waiting."

"Well... I... um... why am I here exactly?"

Rolling her eyes, the judge pulled forth a scroll that was lined from top to bottom with meticulous writing. "Under the Decree for Personal Psychological Protection - you have violated the law about manipulating the conscious and subconscious of several other individuals against their will. How do you plea?"

The what of the whaty what hunh?

"Innocent! I don't even know what you- oh, that... well it wasn't my fault, I didn't know what was happening..."

"So you ARE guilty!" said the judge who's comment was backed by much murmuring coming from the panel of people behind her.

"No, no... it's that I... ah well, I'll tell you the story... It all started one night when I found myself well... in a dream... only it wasn't mine...

...................................................................................................................................................................

As I looked around me all I saw was clouds of strange hues of pink and purples and I knew, this was no where near one of my dreams. How I got there, I have no idea, but what I did know was that all I could do was wait passively to see what would happen next. Sure enough a little girl in a frilly pink dress appeared soaring out of the nearby cloud on what looked like a golden chariot. As she moved, the clouds around me soon parted to show that I was perched in the sky above some strange meadow filled with red cows. Obviously this was when I began to really flip out and decided that somehow I had to get back to my own dream. So, without further ado, I... it's hard to say and I bet I'm sounding crazy at the moment but I... flew through the clouds until I came upon a barrier that felt like some sort of electrically charged gelatin. So I pushed,

and pushed,
and pushed,

Until I pushed so hard that something seemed to snap and I fell through into what looked like some sort of underwater world. Yes, there were sharks and colourful coral and what looked like a pair of scuba divers. Immediately they saw me and suddenly the entire world began to shift and shape itself into what seemed to be a police office. Everything but the hole I ripped through the membrane of the dream.

So as the world changed, so did the two scuba divers, one disappeared whereas the other turned into a policeman who glared at me across the table I was sitting at. After quizzing me about what I was doing there, I managed to make a run for it through a door opposite my chair. Turns out I wasn't supposed to as I tore another hole in the dream and stumbled from this world onto a hill upon which was a single oak tree.

Sitting upon a wooden swing on the oak tree... was well... believe it or not - myself.

This was when things got really bad.

(Sci-Fi fantasy intro, personally I don't really like it, but its up to you as to what you think about it)

No comments:

Post a Comment