Saturday 5 May 2012

Was it Revenge?


Revenge is bliss.

That’s right, I said it. The sweet succulent taste of revenge is relishing. It over powers your senses until you’re eyes are clouded with a strange sense of peace which numbs the pain of the rage inside. Almost like some sort of natural drug. Endorphins I think they’re called. Whatever. He killed my sister. He stole her away from me. He ruined our family. Ripped apart, torn to shreds, left in tatters; that’s what he did.

So the rage that crept silently at times throughout my soul yet at others raged like a wild bull has finally been suppressed; by this sweet, sweet revenge.

Luring him to the cliff was the easy part. I used bait he couldn’t resist; money. Oh how money drives him mad, like a lunatic really. That’s the whole reason why he stabbed a raging silver blade deep into the heart of my sister. She was being careful; avoiding him on sneaking trains, desperately seeking help from co-workers and staying up all through the long nights just to make sure she was safe.

You see her boss originally was nice; kind, caring, even soothing for her usual nerves. She thought she was safe and sound within her workplace. Things got ugly however as he got to know her and her mocking money. Stalking is too kind a word for the situation she got into; more like obsessive compulsive life control. Quitting wasn’t an option, she was part of a binding contract and lawyers wouldn’t touch it. However she never told anyone about it; I only found out near the end; when it was too late.

So late one night, he arrived at her house knocking and banging upon the door like a wild beast let out from the local zoo. She cried and desperately ran for sanctuary within the deepest recesses of the house. He broke through a window and claimed he was there for payment. Holding her breath, not a sound was made throughout the house except the awkwardly concise movements of a drunken man slurring his way through the house. Her screams were heard and ignored by the neighbours next door as the man came upon her and slew her with a knife. Nobody believed the story when I repeated it to others so the murderer was left to go free.

So when the man in blue finally succumbed to my temptations, I violently threw his body of the cliff and watched it fall like a ragdoll upon the rocks below. The bitter sweet taste of revenge was finally mine.

Strange clothing bonds my arms to my sides as I now sit alone. Yet as I sit here in this strange room covered in white, I think to myself; what was my sister’s name? Why did no one believe me? Did I even have a sister?
(Crime Short Story)

5 comments:

  1. Hello, This is nice post. I thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post,, keep writing,!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post , really like interesting info came back visit my blog me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that - I tried to find your blog but couldn't come across it?

      Delete